NARRATIVE TEXT TORTOISE AND RABBIT

Contoh narrative text kura-kura dan kelinci





One bright, sunny morning a tortoise was taking a walk when suddenly he met a rabbit, that liked to mock and laughed at the tortoise. Nevertheless, the tortoise smiled and greeted him,  “Good morning, Mr. Rabbit. How are you?” he didn’t answer, even though he laughed aloud to him.



     The tortoise got very angry, bat he just smiled. He said, “I’m sure I can run as fast as you can “you? As fast as me? Poor Mr. Tortoise, don’t you know that I’m the fasters creature in the forest?”



     “We shall see,” said the tortoise. “I have a good plan. Do you see that tree over there on the top of the hill?” “Yes, I do.” “now, let’s have are race and see which of us can reach that tree first. One, tow, there! The tortoise and the rabbit were off. Of course the tortoise was quickly left far behind by the rabbit. When the rabbit had run for about half an hour he thought,” “I thing I will just lie down here to rest a while. When the tortoise comes, I will jump up and run away from him again. What a fool is Mr. Tortoise to have a race whit me, the fastest creature on legs!” so the rabbit lay down to rest, and soon was fast asleep.

It was already late in the afternoon when the rabbit woke up. “goodness!” He cried out. “Where’s Mr. Tortoise?” Hi looked up towards the hill and saw the tortoise, very far of and very small! “Mr. Tortoise can be only a few meters from the tree by now! The rabbit started to run just as fast as he could go. Ten minutes more! Three minutes more! Thirty seconds… Ten seconds… Three… Two… One! At that moment the tortoise reached the tree! The rabbit was late… Only one second!

     Ashamed, tired and very exhausted because of running so very fast, the rabbit rolled over on the ground and died!